Thursday, December 07, 2006

OFPP to adopt GAO framework for acquisition

The OFPP chief is looking at ways to improve the way the federal government purchases goods and services. He plans to implement a year-old framework presented by GAO in September 2005.

During remarks delivered at an NCMA conference in the Beltway last week, he said, "“It is too easy to say that the number of procurement people has gone down and the money has gone up, ergo we need more people,” said Denett. “We have to find out if we have the right people."

But then, he continues and I hope he did not mean to start name calling when he says, "Do we have round people in square jobs? It is not one size fits all.”

There are a lot of round people in the procurement offices I have worked- including me.

Mr. Denett, are you talking to me???? I hope you aren't talking to me.

No comments: